Suggestopedia – An Exciting Redefinition of Teaching and Learning
A 5-day Programme
Acquire the vision, inner resources and subtle techniques to spark excitement in learning and insure extraordinary results. Five days of quick-moving, thought-provoking and highly entertaining activities that will enable you to create those "instants of recognition" that are the defining moments in any person’s life.
- Get to the essence of teaching and communicating.
- Discover what works and how to package knowledge to correspond to the structure of our natural mental processes.
- Learn to create magical environments that are safe and to design activities that spur the reserve capacities of the brain.
- Become the instructor your learners have always dreamed of!
Skills Participants will Acquire:
After these 5 days you will be able to:
- present activities in ways that ensure total learner commitment and enthusiasm from the outset
- give instructions that are models of conciseness
- design activities that are truly challenging but where everyone succeeds
- use activities as "distractions" where key information can be presented peripherally thereby gaining easier access to long-term memory
- create variation in type, rhythm and speed of activities so that these correspond to normal cycles of mental alertness
- personalise information and use memory hooks to facilitate retention
- use story telling, anecdotes and jokes to set in place chains of association that develop and improve memory
- conclude every activity such that the energy from it is immediately recycled into the next one
- design posters that teach learners through peripheral perception
- use Classical music to encode information with emotional colour in order for the limbic system of the brain to process it for long-term memory
- use Baroque music to bring about heightened awareness and an ability to absorb
- more accurately read non-verbal communication in others and gain greater mastery over what they, themselves, are conveying non-verbally
- use indirect correction techniques that learners never see but which work immediately
Qualities that Participants will Develop:
- Management abilities that enable you to predict the outcomes of processes that you initiate without stifling others through excessive control
- The capacity to orchestrate activities that appeal to, and work for, learners with different learning styles and diverse perceptual dominances
- Greater sensitivity to communication processes, heightened perception and more accurate intuition
- More reliable access to your own inner resources and ways of fuelling yourself with energy so that the group can power ahead in confidence that its "guardian angel" will keep the environment safe and nurturing
- An aptitude to identify which developmental road learners are travelling along and tailor your message to the symbols of their deepest aspirations
- More insight into who you are and what your strengths, weaknesses and blind spots are
- Greater facility to empathise with learners whose needs you have had difficulty catering for up until now.